Sunday, June 15, 2008

SF Farmer's Markets

The New York Times' Escapes section featured San Francisco farmer's markets, I had no idea there were that many, four to be exact. I sometimes go to the Ferry Plaza especially when fresh beans are available. I bought 5 pounds of fresh lima beans for $9 the last time I was there. Lima beans are a pain to prepare but really worth it in the end if you make a big batch. I fully intend to explore these markets as soon as I finish with school, which is a week from now. Here's the schedule:

Saturdays - Alemany Market on Alemany Blvd. (6am-5pm)
Wednesdays (7am-5:30pm) & Sundays (7am-5pm) - The Heart of the City Farmer's Market at the Civic Center
Thursdays - Crocker Galleria Market (11am-3pm)
Saturdays (8am-2pm) & Tuesdays (10am-2pm) - Ferry Plaza Market

No comments: